More from Grits & Gravy

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Walnut & Blue Cheese Grapes


Ready for a scrumptious treat and a hit at your next party? I have it with these Walnut & Blue Cheese Grapes!

These little goodies are so yummy and easy. My cabin fever during the snow storm in Arkansas led me to have a DVRathon of Food Network shows logged on my tv. When I watched Giada whipped these up and I knew I had to try them out and they are delish.

Recipe Courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis, Giada at Home.

Walnut & Blue Cheese Grapes
2 ounces (1/4 cup) cream cheese, room temperature
2 ounces (1/4 cup) blue cheese, room temperature
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 dozen red grapes, chilled
4 ounces (1 cup) finely chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley

Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

In a food processor, blend cream cheese, blue cheese, and cream until smooth. Place the mixture in a bowl. In another bowl, mix the walnuts, sugar, and parsley.

Now set up the assembly line. First place about 4 or 5 grapes at a time in the cheese mixture and coat well. Spoon the grapes in the walnut mixture and coat grapes with a fork. Place grapes on lined cookie sheet. Repeat until all grapes are done. Chill for 2-3 hours.

Note: You could even make this recipe a day ahead and store in an air tight container.

Enjoy!

No comments: