More from Grits & Gravy

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Test Kitchen: Garlic Flavored Olive Oil


One word - DELICIOUS!!

After spending Saturday catching up on all of my Food Network shows I was curious about this ingredient that Claire, 5 Ingredient Fix, used when making what appeared to be a delicious white pizza. I immediately turned to Ina's Back to Basics cookbook knowing that she would not let me down.

She came through for me and I made a delicious adaptation of her recipe (had to utilize what was in the pantry). The olive oil is so flavorful and I will surely be infusing this into my dishes for the next couple of days.

Garlic Flavored Olive Oil
1/2 cup of olive oil
4 cloves of garlic, chopped or sliced
Pinch of dried rosemary, salt, and pepper

Combine ingredients in saucepan and simmer on low heat for about 10 minutes. Be sure to watch your garlic so that it does not burn.

You could use this delicious olive oil as a little dipper with french bread, salad dressing, tossed with veggies, or when making pizza to give the dough a little extra zing of flavor.

I, of course, was inspired to make Claire's white pizza which was equally delicious. I substituted the ricotta with goat cheese and added caramelized red peppers and purple onion. http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/claire-robinson/easy-white-pizza-recipe/index.html

No comments: