More from Grits & Gravy

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

pumpkin lush pie




Let fall commence!

In college, my chocolate version of this tasty dessert was my go to. When I discovered pumpkin pudding last year, I transformed my recipe and the outcome was scrumptious.


Pumpkin Lush Pie

2 packages of pumpkin pudding mix
1 graham cracker crust, extra filling
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup of powdered sugar
1 cup of milk
1 package of whipped topping
nutmeg to sprinkle on top

For the first layer, mix cream cheese, 1 cup of whipped topping and powdered sugar. Add the powdered sugar as you go to avoid bathing in it. You could also add more or less sugar based on your preferences. Once the first layer is mixed, spread in the bottom of the graham cracker crust.

For the second layer, combine the pumpkin pudding mix and milk until thickens. I gradually add the milk to obtain my desired consistency. Sometimes I add a little less milk. Once this layer is mixed, spread over cream cheese layer.

Finally, use the remaining whipped topping to cover pumpkin layer. Sprinkle with nutmeg. Chill for 1-2 hours and then serve.

Note: You could use any pudding flavors you like year round.

This recipe is so easy to pull together and quite tasty! Enjoy.

Happy Fall Y'all!

No comments: