More from Grits & Gravy

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

dancing, dinner and cheerios

My past couple of weekends have been so busy that they seem more like I am going away on vacation, complete with a full list of activities, rather than the regular downtime I seek on those off days. I've been loving the time with friends and family though, filling my days off with great experiences and memories made. This past weekend was certainly no exception!

Friday night I set out for a night of dancing to celebrate my friend Jennifer's birthday. We sang along with the band and tore it up on the dance floor. I do not know about any of you but nothing decompresses me more than a good ole' dance party. It was the perfect celebration! She has exciting plans this year with her very own list, which I cannot wait to help her accomplish, and our trip to Greece. Here is to a great adventure this year, Jennifer!

Dancing with the birthday girl!

Saturday night I put away my dancing shoes to enjoy one incredibly delish meal at Grille One Sixteen. Mallory and I decided that rather than be those single people that hate Valentine's Day, we would celebrate our friendship and treat ourselves to one amazing meal. The food and service were impeccable. I had the scallops with grits for supper while Mal enjoyed the Salmon and Shrimp dish served with mashed sweet potatoes. Oh, and the dessert, oh wow! I think I was literally speechless during the amazingness that was happening at our table. First, we ordered coffees which came out in something more like a bowl rather than a the usual petite cup. Perfection. THEN. We ate the smore dessert. Yes, smore dessert. And, let's be honest, I am always trying to eat a smore. This one had peanut butter, chocolate ganache, vanilla ice cream, graham crackers, and marshmallow melted over the top. Really, it was too much for me to process. Still is. All of my favorite things in one dessert. Go and order it.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!

After two fun filled evenings out, I woke up early on Sunday morning and headed to Orlando for little m's fourth birthday party at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Downtown Disney. The happiest place on Earth is not usually my thing but watching the little munchkin become her very own version of a princess was priceless. I was so happy to have been able to be there to experience it with her. And, of course, I always enjoy the moments I can sneak in with Melissa. The boutique was precious. If you have little ones who love the princes and princesses, this is definitely an experience for them.

Princess Madi Kate and Princess Mackenna

Knight Connor

I have to admit that the best part of the day for me was stealing time away with the kiddos watching cartoons and eating cheerios before we had to get ready to leave. I cherish these little moments with them because one day they will be big kids rushing off to hang out with their friends and not cuddling up on the couch over cheerios with their old Aunt Jessica.

Hanging with the little ones

Little M & Aunt Jessica

Me & Moster

What a memorable weekend it was, full of so many of my favorite people. Let's hope all this fun settles down so I can catch up on my blogging though - a lot to write about!

No comments: