More from Grits & Gravy

Monday, November 19, 2012

Philly

I traveled to Pennsylvania for a wedding in a small town outside of Philadelphia. Our friend, Reeba, was working in Philly so we  decided to spend the first night of our trip exploring the city before heading to the wedding.

Jeff, Travis and I arrived on Friday afternoon and wandered the city while Reebs finished up working. We found this fabulous little coffee shop, Caffeination, where I had the most delish watermelon juice icey. It was killer (and no sugar added)!



After refueling on caffeine, the next logical step was to have happy hour and appetizers at Mix Brick Pizza across the street. They had great drink specials and some fantastic hummus. We especially enjoyed their patio area and being able to take in the city outdoors.




After a fun afternoon exploring, we joined Reebs and her friends for bowling at Lucky Strike and sushi. Definitely not a bad way to spend an evening.



One of the things that I love about a city is the unique things you find tucked away on some street. On this visit, we came across a wall that had "Before I die I want to ____" written on it and spaces for people to fill in the blank. Obviously, we had to stop to partake in this!





Some people wrote crude things but for the people who wrote something real, it was inspiring to see what others hoped to experience or accomplish in their lives. I just loved this!

The next morning, we had brunch at Devil's Alley Bar and Grill. The food was amazing and I topped off my brunch with pomegranate sangria. Yes, that drink was amazing! For breakfast, I enjoyed my old faithful favorite, two eggs with bacon, potatoes, and toast. I know that you should try something out of the ordinary while on vacation but I always have the same breakfast, can not help it.

We could not leave Philly without climbing the Rocky steps so we made our way there with more caffeine in hand. Bonus that I got to add a Philly Starbucks mug to my collection!

Rocky!

The famous steps

Great view of the city from up there

We certainly made the most of the 24 hours we spent in the city but I have to put this on my list of places to visit again because I need more time to explore and, of course, feed my inner foodie.

Capitol building at night

Thanks again to Reebs for being such a great hostess!

No comments: