More from Grits & Gravy

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Happy Easter!


I was not quite sure what my Easter plans would entail, literally right until I was leaving my apartment, but the day turned out to be the perfect celebration of the holiday. Mal and I made the trip to Dunedin to spend the day with my Momma and Doug. The spring semester has been so busy that I have barely had time to get in quality time with people I love so it was nice to take a break and have fellowship with family.


The day turned out to be gorgeous and full of sunshine so we started our celebration by taking a stroll through downtown Dunedin to the marina for wine and appetizers. We noshed on prawns and crab meat while overlooking the water. Of course, no family celebration would be complete without a bottle of malbec to go along with our meal.



After an afternoon by the water, we strolled back to the house where Momma prepared a yummy supper of salmon and roasted veggies. Dessert was simple but always one of my favorites - dark chocolate with hazlenuts.



The day was the perfect celebration and definitely a perk to be able to celebrate the holiday at home. I hope everyone had a great Easter!

No comments: