More from Grits & Gravy

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer Staycation

The move from Fayetteville to Tampa was so quick that I did not get my yearly summer vacation recharge moment. I decided to take a Friday & Monday off to give me a nice, long weekend. The time off was exactly what I needed. I feel refreshed and ready for the start of the new school year.

On Friday, I had a four hour lunch with an old friend. There was lots of wine and good eats involved. It was definitely nice to catch up. That night, I totally vegged out on the couch. I think that is a sign that I am getting old because I was really excited to have some quiet time with my DVR.

I deep cleaned my house on Saturday and went shopping. I did forget that it was tax free weekend in Florida so that was a little special. My friends Blake and Joe recently graduated from Law School and I was able to celebrate with Joe on Saturday night. Fun night. I'm really proud of these two!

Mal and I saw Crazy, Stupid, Love on Sunday. It was a riot and such a sweet story. For those of you who have not seen it, I will share that there is a Dirty Dancing scene that stole my heart. I think I fell in love with a fictional character... I mean, he does the lift! Go see this movie!

{Source: http://whysoserious.tumblr.com/page/7}

The Junior League of Tampa hosted a special screening of The Help on Monday at Cinebistro. I was thrilled to see it for a second time! It was definitely just as enjoyable as the first time. Cinebistro was a cool place because you are able to order supper and eat while wathcing the moive. It is a little pricey but the experience is definitely worth it. If you have a dinner theater near you, check it out. Great little treat for yourself, night out with the girls or date night.

I hit up a spin class this weekend and took a 4 mile walk. The best part of my workout time this weekend was the random stop I made at the park to partake in the swing set. Sometimes you just need to enjoy something simple.

{Source: A Touch of Sunshine}
I hope everyone enjoyed their weekend! Stay tuned for my "Summer Favorites" post!

No comments: