More from Grits & Gravy

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Time with the girls

 One of the greatest gifts Chi Omega gave me is my best girls. We all pledged in different semesters but we developed a friendship that has grown and changed throughout each turn in our lives. I was traveling to Tampa for a conference so I decided that I would fly in a two days early and spend some quality time with the girls. Morgan flew up to join me on Friday and we shared a delicious bottle of wine and tapas at The Living Room in Downtown Dunedin. After hours chatting up a storm, we called it a night in the wee hours of the morning. Saturday, we enjoyed breakfast at Kelly's and a long stroll down to the waterfront area. We soaked up the sun and caught up on the happenings of life.
Kelly & Morgan

After we spent a few hours lost, trying to remember how to get around Tampa, we ended up hitting one of our old frequented spots, Tijuana Flats. After a bit of shopping at International Plaza we headed home to meet Kel and get ready for a little birthday dinner for Morgan. Melissa met us and we enjoyed wine and yummy food at The Pub, my new favorite spot in Tampa. To cap the night, we picked up hot chocolate and dessert from The Cheesecake Factory. Kel stayed over and we stayed up talking until our eyes could not stay open any longer. Sunday, we enjoyed a nice breakfast together and it was back to our respective worlds.  

Morg, Me, Mel

When you have reached this stage in life when you are working to develop your career, raising babies, and being a wife - the quality time for just the girls becomes a special occasion. I appreciate that no matter where life has led us, we continue to carve out time to be together.  We are clearly grown but I still feel as though we are those bright eyed college girls ready to take on the world. I sort of love that about us.


Flashback from College

No comments: