More from Grits & Gravy

Thursday, December 2, 2010

25 Things About Me

My guilty pleasures when I fly are The Economist and US Weekly. When skimming through US Weekly this past trip, I found myself reading "25 things you did not know about me" and I thought it was a fun idea for a blog post. I always enjoy learning fun facts about people, things you expect and others that you would have never guessed. Here are 25 Things You May or May not know about me:

1. I have lived in 5 cities and 3 different states in the 10 years since I left home for college.
2. My Daddy and I have the same initials.
3. I read Pride & Prejudice and To Kill a Mockingbird every year. I am starting to collect used hard cover editions of the books.
4. If I could live anywhere, it would be in a cottage on the lake.
5. I do not believe there is much that a bubble bath and glass of Cabernet cannot fix.
6. My cats are named Abbey after Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen and Atticus after To Kill A Mockingbird.
7. There was a period of time that I wanted to rock the runways as a model.
8. If I were not in student affairs, I would want to be an FBI profiler or social secretary for the First Lady.
9. Washington, DC is my favorite city in the United States.
10. I am obsessed with dark chocolate and pumpkin.
11. I am the first member of my family to graduate college.
12. I have strong instincts about people. The first time I ever talked to Morgan was to invite her to come to a Chi Omega spring recruitment party and we have been best friends since.
13. Before USF, I wanted to study nursing in Hawaii.
14. I have never lived in a residence hall or gone to a fraternity party.
15. I have a fondness for written notes, letters, and being sent flowers.
16. I love Natty Light, wine, and pomegranate martinis.
17. I collect cookbooks from Junior Leagues and cities I visit.
18. I had my belly button pierced for about 6 months.
19. Wtih all of my culinary skills, I cannot achieve making a cheesecake.
20. The only piece of furniture I have purchased is my coffee table and bookshelves, everything else in my house was passed down.
21. Steamed Broccoli is my favorite veggie.
22. I buy little cocktail napkins and decorative muffin liners all the time.
23. I got a referral in 5th grade for saying "turd". When the principal called my Daddy, he said next time I would just say "s**t". My referral got tore up and dismissed from my record.
24. I am named after the little girl my mother babysat when she was a teenager.
25.  I accidentally stole a handi-snack from the grocery store when I was little. My Momma made me go into the store to admit what I had done and pay for it.

No comments: