More from Grits & Gravy

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Tuesday Night Suppers

A month ago, a friend and I started a new tradition of having Tuesday night suppers together. This has become one of the highlights of my week because it is a great time to unwind - have a delicious meal, enjoy a few glasses of wine, and watch Glee. Carving time with friends is important, especially when our schedules only seem to get fuller. Let's be honest, I could skip the food and just enjoy the wine and fellowship but having a real meal is definitely a bonus to the week and often encourages me to cook during the rest of the week. The first night, I whipped up some of my famous Chocolate Souffle and this last time I tried out some homemade peppermint patties. Of course, we do not just eat dessert! Justin made a yummy pasta with cream sauce, broccoli, and chicken. Last week, I made spaghetti with turkey meatballs (recipe will be posted soon!).

I am looking forward to many more weeknight meals celebrating friendship.

Justin's idea of what my glass of wine should look like! And of course, I am featuring the dessert - cinnamon cream cheese icing and gingersnaps.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're fabulous and I love spending every Tuesday with you :-)