More from Grits & Gravy

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pumpkin Muffins

This morning I woke up to a cool 60 degrees and what I hope is the start of the fall season. I am thrilled for the rich colors and to be wrapped up in scarves. One of my favorite things about fall is the food - warm, hearty, rich, and sweet. Pumpkin is something I enjoy most about fall so I could not resist breaking out my favorite Pumpkin Muffin recipe.

Ingredients
3 cups unbleached self rising flour
3 cups sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup vegetable oil
2 cups canned or fresh pumpkin
4 eggs
1 1/2 cups golden raisins (optional)

Courtesy of Vera Bradley Cookbook, page 103.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Sift the four, sugar, and cinnamon in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the vanilla, oil, pumpkin, and eggs. Beat well.

Using an ice cream scooper, fill muffin tins 2/3 full with mixture. Bake 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Enjoy for breakfast or desert with a warm cup of coffee.

I like to collect muffin liners to add a little extra decoration when baking cupcake, cornbread or muffins. I keep them in this fun hat box to add a little extra color in my pantry. We can always add a little extra something for us to enjoy or to give to our loved ones.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Jessica: How are you? Would love to catch up! Are you attending the SL Celebration? Let's catch up soon! Love, Kimberly Bean