More from Grits & Gravy

Monday, August 2, 2010

Bananas & Chocolate... Oh My!

We all know that the calorie count on a smoothie can get pretty high but I LOVE Banana & Chocolate Smoothies, usually with Peanut Butter. This month Self featured a lighter version that I just loved!

Recipe:
One Medium Banana
Two Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (my new best friend)
One cup of plain Greek Yogurt (I prefer Oikos)
One and Half cups of fat free milk
Two Tablespoons of Honey
Two cups of ice
Dash of cinnamon

Blend and Enjoy!

While no peanut butter, this treat was still delicious and totally satisfied my craving.


Tip: I keep bananas cut up and frozen in the ice box so that I always have them on hand and they double as ice cubes.

Variation: For this recipe, I only used one tablespoon of honey because I prefer Vanilla Greek Yogurt. I also added a scoop of protein powder to offset the sugar from the bananas and yogurt.

No comments: