I am two months out from my big thirtieth birthday. This last year in my twenties has been one of the best years. While most people dread this milestone, I have been thrilled and celebrating all along the way. There is just something about turning the big 3-0! I feel more settled into who I am and more aware of myself. And I'm looking forward to what the next decade will bring.
Two years ago, I set a Thirty Before Thirty list as an intentional way to experience some of those things that had been lingering on my bucket list. That remains one of my most read posts to date so I thought that it was only fair to provide an update on my progress.
|Concert in the Park|
|My little reading nook|
15. Take a Cake Decorating class *I set this up for me and all of my friends but then had to work, bummer!
17. Pay off my credit card and car *So close!
18. Read Atlas Shrugged *Probably not happening before my birthday but keeping this one on the list for things to do when I'm 30
|My Arkansas Book Club|
23. Apply to a PhD program *I decided to wait a bit on this one. Mostly because I am just having too much fun and not quite ready to commit.
|Ran my first 5k!|
29. Redecorate Bedroom - Halfway!
30. Celebrate 30 in Greece! - Planned for Summer of 2013.. YIPEE!
The thing I've learned these past two years since I wrote my Thirty Before Thirty post is that there are so many adventures waiting on you. Stop saying one day and get out and do those things!