More from Grits & Gravy

Monday, September 5, 2011

Tourist In Your Own Town: Girls Night Out

 
The past few weeks have been crazy busy! My friend Mal and I decided that we needed to organize a Girls Night Out to connect with some of our women friends at work. It was a great opportunity to get to know new people and spend time with friends I have already made.

In celebration of Dine Tampa Bay, we started with a delicious supper at Tinatapas. I had a stellar goat cheese appetizer and filet mignon with blue cheese for my entree. Most importantly, I ended the meal with my favorite, budino and dolce de leche ice cream. Our meal was full of conversation, sangria and yummy food.

Afterwards, a few of us ventured to Fly to hear Chris Nathan. He is a great artist that I just discovered. He's brilliant - loved hearing him live! Fly has a great atmosphere, good menu, great drinks, and lots of live music.

The night was a lot of fun and full of my favorite things! I'm also glad that it helped me discover a new restaurant and venue to hear great music. 

We want to establish a monthly Girls Night Out so leave me comments on your favorite things to do with your girlfriends.


1 comment:

Kari said...

I just had a girl's night on Friday! We all brought snacks (aka, beer, wine, chocolate, etc.) and played a couple of games. So Much Fun! Some other things we've done are cookie baking swaps and wine tastings. :)