More from Grits & Gravy

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Tourist In Your Own Town

My very dear friend Margaret (or as I call her, Mags) came to Fayetteville this weekend for a visit and we had a fun-filled weekend enjoying most of the things I love in my new town.

After catching up with a glass of wine it was off to dinner. Mags and I have a strong affinity for Mexican so Osegueras was pretty much the first stop. We enjoyed blanco queso dip (which she cannot get in Texas), quesdillas, steak fajitas, and of course, MARGARITAS!


To walk off dinner, we went for a stroll around downtown which was bustling with returning students and locals. Our journey for the evening ended at Orange Mango - a delicious frozen yogurt shop.

Saturday was busy and perfectly fun! Mags, Alexis and I started the day with a class at Arkansas Yoga Center taught by Kristin who is one of my favorite instructors at the studio. Then we enjoyed fruit Smoothies (which I somehow managed to get ALL over my white t-shirt) and shopping at Something Urban and Riffraff. We wrapped up the afternoon with brunch at Common Grounds and shopping at the Fayetteville Farmer's Market where we purchased these delicious veggies and stunning bouquets of flowers.

Being that Mags' 25th Birthday is today we celebrated with Mani's and Pedi's, supper at Hugos, and a showing of STEP UP 3D. (Special thank you to Justin & Alexis for joining us!)
The weekend was simply fantastic! It was great to spend the weekend celebrating friendship and taking a moment to enjoy the place I now call home. I encourage everyone to take a day or weekend to play tourist in your own town or simply head out to appreciate all the things you love about where you live.
Happy Birthday Margaret!

No comments: